Due to a forecast doubling of the production volume within the next few years, the logistics processes are to be adapted to the changed requirements. The aim of the project was to reveal weaknesses in the existing logistics concept and to subsequently develop solutions to ensure that production supply and disposal can be guaranteed along the growth. In the course of the project, aspects such as waste disposal, warehouse logistics, in-plant transport flows, booking processes and IT-supported warehouse management as well as other topics were prepared. Part of the conceptual design was also the automation of logistical processes by means of conveyor technology including automatic re-palletizers and pallet wrappers, which were designed in accordance with GMP guidelines.
Rottendorf Pharma GmbH is one of the leading service companies for the development, production and packaging of pharmaceutical products in solid dosage form.
Results at a glance
- Analysis results of the logistic processes
- Potential determination
- Creation of a material flow concept
- Analysis of the efficiency of the logistic processes
- Creation of rough concept variants to ensure production supply and disposal along the planned growth
- Preparation of the process potential analysis including investment and ROI calculations for each variant
- Creation of the plant layout in 3D
- Combining and detailing the solution approaches to an overall concept
- Planning and scheduling of implementation measures