The logistics processes at Frischpack GmbH’s main site are to be optimised and redesigned due to increasing production volumes. In an upstream rough concept planning by InterLog Management, potentials for optimizing the entire intralogistic processes were worked out.
Frischpack GmbH, based in Mailing near Schönau, is a cheese processor independent of production and is characterised by a high product variety and product quality. In addition to a wide range of processing and packaging options, it also offers its customers customer-specific co-packing.
Project goals & tasks
The potentials identified in the rough concept phase are to be worked out in detail, including implementation planning:
- Warehousing: Conversion from conventional warehousing to a narrow aisle system and conversion from shelf storage to an automatic shuttle system
- Internal transports: Conversion from conventional forklift transport to driverless transport systems
- Goods receipt: Conversion from manual goods receipt and pallet transport to automated goods receipt
Results at a glance
- Physical as well as data technical actual state analysis
- Definition of the intralogistic processes as well as process-related IT requirements for the divisions:
- Goods receipt raw materials
- Storage and material supply Packaging material
- Internal transport of finished goods
- Preparation and implementation of the calls for tender
- Tender evaluation and supplier recommendation
- Realisation planning