In connection with digitisation, IT systems are becoming increasingly relevant and their complexity is growing. With this in mind, InterLog Management was commissioned by railCare to analyze and optimize their IT systems. The aim of the assignment is to create the basis for the strategic alignment of the IT systems.
railCare provides logistics services in unaccompanied combined transport (UCT). As a wholly owned subsidiary of Coop, railCare transports the everyday goods entrusted to it with its own trains and trucks within Switzerland.
Project goals & tasks
In past projects, the focus has always been on the further development and optimization of the system system landscape. The following tasks and goals represent an excerpt of the many years of cooperation:
- Analysis of the railCare IT system landscape as the basis for the strategic alignment of the IT systems
- Development and implementation of an app-based adaptive steering system
- Support with the upgrade of railCare’s own container, administration and disposition system
Results at a glance
- Analysis results of the railCare IT system landscape as the basis for the future strategic corporate alignment
- Upgrade of the route planning system
- Recording of the process requirements
- Accompanying the customer during the cooperation with the system supplier
- Development of the training concept
- Go-Live planning and coordination
- Support after Go-Live and project completion
- Implementation of an app-based adaptive steering system