Our client is an independent manufacturer of processed cheese with a wide range of standard products and also offers a variety of processing and packaging options as well as co-packing. At our customer's main location the potential for optimising the entire intralogistics process was developed during the preliminary rough concept phase.
Particularly, potential was identified in the following areas:
- Warehousing: Conversion from a conventional warehousing to a narrow aisle and from shelf storage to an automatic shuttle system.
- Internal transports: Conversion from a conventional forklift transport to driverless transport systems.
- Goods receipt: Conversion from a manual goods receipt and pallet transport to an automated goods receipt
Within the subsequent detailed concept phase, the process potentials were processed ready for implementation. Due to the different requirements and restrictions of the respective intralogistics areas, the detailed concept was subdivided into three different product groups: Raw material, packaging material and finished goods.
In addition, InterLog Management managed the whole tender management for the evaluation of the suppliers. The whole tendering process was digitally managed on the InterLog Management own web-based tendering platform.
The following elements were part of the mandate:
- Physical and data analysis of the current situation
- Definition of intralogistics processes and procedural IT requirements for the divisions:
1. incoming goods raw materials
2. storage and material supply packaging material
3. internal transport of finished goods
- Preparation and implementation of three tenders
- Bid evaluation and vendor recommendation
- Realization planning